Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Trusting God for victory



I Chronicles 5:20 They were helped in fighting them, and God delivered the Hagrites and all their allies into their hands, because they cried out to him during the battle.  He answered their prayers, because they trusted in him.

When the children of Israel began to occupy the Promised Land they were a relatively small nation with an untrained, unskilled army.  They were taking on strong, skilled armies of giants so in every way they were the underdogs.  But because they trusted God and called out to Him for help as they were fighting, they were victorious. Sometimes it is hard for me to remember to trust in the Lord and to call to Him while I am right in the middle of a battle and yet this is exactly what I need to do, not to be overwhelmed by the intensity of the battle to the extent that I forget to draw strength from God for the victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment