Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Nothing can hinder the Lord



There are times when my mind plays tricks on me, and it seems to get worse the older I get!  So yesterday I thought to myself that it could not be true that I had missed almost a whole week of reading my chronological Bible reading schedule and I was already at the end of the book of I Samuel, but what I read and then journaled from yesterday was my reading that I planned to do a week from yesterday!  So here I am, back on track in the middle of I Samuel, where I "should" be for April 11!  But I must say, it was worth coming back to!

I Samuel 14:6b Nothing can hinder the Lord from saving, whether by many or by few.

Jonathan knew that the Philistine army was a force to be reckoned with—a large, strong enemy that could potentially eat that Israelite army alive, so to speak, if given the chance.  But Jonathan also knew that army had been defeated in the past by the Israelites.  That knowledge, coupled with his faith in God’s power, gave him the courage and faith to know this time would be no different.  If God wants to do something for me, then He can accomplish it, no matter how big or little, weak or strong, my enemy may be.  Nothing can stop Him.  What comfort!  I see shades of Philippians here ... "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,"

No comments:

Post a Comment