Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Breaking the ropes



Judges 15:14 The Spirit of the Lord came powerfully upon him.  The ropes on his arms became like charred flax, and the bindings dropped from his hands.

I don’t think that we, for the most part, have a real grasp of just what the Spirit of God in us can accomplish through us if He is given the opportunity.  Samson had the strength to resist his enemies from the very start, but he waited for just the right opportunity and timing to use that strength.  When he did so, the power of the Spirit of God gave him the ability to make the most of the situation.  And from what followed, it is clear that God used Samson in spite of, and not because of, his general attitude of selfishness (see Judges 15:18-19).  The Spirit of God can work in me and through me in spite of my weaknesses if my heart is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment