Friday, April 14, 2017

Friends helping friends



I Samuel 23:16 And Saul’s son Jonathan went to David at Horesh and helped him find strength in God.

So many times I have felt like I couldn’t do anything useful or helpful when a friend was struggling.  But I am challenged and encouraged to see what Jonathan did for his best friend David.  There wasn’t much he could do physically.   After all, it was the king who was causing David’s distress, but what Jonathan did was something that would help David mentally and emotionally, and that would carry David further.  Jonathan helped David find strength in God.  That is what I want from my friends, and that what I want to be able to do for my friends in need.  I pray that I will be sensitive to others’ needs and find them and help them when they need it.  I say I pray that because, much to my dismay at times, I am not a sensitive as I want to be or need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment