Monday, April 10, 2017

Discernment and encouragement



I Samuel 25:28 The Lord your God will certainly make a lasting dynasty for my lord because you fight the Lord’s battles.

The hand of God was on David from the very beginning of his life.  We can see that in hindsight, which is fairly easy for us.  But at the time David was living these experiences, the fact that Abigail could recognize God at work in David and his circumstances was very perceptive of her.  She was also very astute and able to say the right things at the right time.  I hope and pray that I will be wise and discerning like she was, and equally successful in recognizing and acknowledging God’s hand at work around me, even in the lives of people, and perhaps even be able to speak a word of encouragement to them, just as Abigail did to David in this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment