Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Advantages

This time of self-isolation and self-distancing can be a challenge for many, but for me, a retired introvert, it has been somewhat invigorating.  Not having my usual schedule of things-that-must-get- done-by [you name the day] has given me a freedom that I had not felt in quite a while.  At first I thought it might make me lazier than usual, but instead I have found new energy to do some projects that have been waiting for a long time, things like cleaning my kitchen cabinet doors.

I have spent a little extra time in card-making as well. and a couple of cards that I am particularly pleased with are these that I made using a new pad of small paper.  This is the inside of one of the cards.  I "fussy cut" the vase of flowers that was on one of the sheets in the pad and I attached it to the daisy background paper with foam tape.  It looks really nice in real life!
 The other card is from a couple of other sheets from the same pad of paper.  I cut the saying from a sheet of the pad and backed it with red and tan paper.  I also used one of my edger cutters to cut the scalloped edge and put it between the patterned paper and the plain red paper before adding the quote.  I think it turned out very nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment