Monday, March 9, 2020

The Best of the best


Numbers 18:12 All the best of the oil and all the best of the wine and of the grain, the first fruits of what they give to the Lord, I give to you.

The priests, as those whose job was to lead the people in worship, were to receive the best of the best of the offerings the people brought.  It was a sign of how special the calling to ministry was in God's sight.  They were representing the people before God.  It was no small responsibility they carried, and to receive the best of the people’s tithe certainly indicates that.  But even the priests were to give a tithe of what they received back to God – a tithe of the tithe (see 18:26 that says "When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance, you must present a tenth of that tithe as the Lord's offering") – so God still received the best of the best!  God deserves my very best – my best of my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment