Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Do not exaggerate


Deuteronomy 1:28 Our brothers have made our hearts melt, saying, “The people are greater and taller than we.  The cities are great and fortified up to heaven …”

The Israelites did the same thing I see myself doing at times, turning a big thing into an even bigger one.  Exaggerating a situation in my mind to the point of it becoming a problem that is bigger than it actually is, particularly discounting what I know from my own experiences that God can help me deal with.  The Israelites did not reflect on how God had helped them in their escape from slavery in Egypt.  In addition, they created problems by exaggerating the report of the spies who had gone into the Promised Land to check it out.  The spies reported “strong inhabitants” (Numbers 13:28) but now the people say the inhabitants are “greater and taller then we.”  The spies reported on cities “fortified and very large” but now the people say those cities are “fortified up to heaven.”  Remembering God’s faithful protection and enabling can be the key to my successful facing of my current situation every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment