Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Sympathy card

It seems especially sad to know people who have to go through the sorrow of the death of a loved one when everyone is already saddened over all that is happening with the COVID-19, so I wanted to make a really nice card for our friend whose father died this past week.  One nice effect of having to be "distanced" during these days is having time to make and send cards to encourage others.  Keeps my mind off my own situation and focused on others.

I got this idea when I saw the Retro Rubber Blog challenge of making something using squares in some way.  This is the card I made:
I used a stamp set I got back in 2016 to stamp the corners on each of three card stock squares and added tiny dark blue Jewel Dazzles to the end swirls on the corners, then backed them all in a row on blue-grey metallic card stock, and then on dark blue card stock.  I mounted the three square banner with foam tape on top of a strip of navy blue ribbon.  The sympathy stamp is from that same 2016 set.

I think it made a very sedate but warm card in the end. 

I am also entering this card in the Double Dare challenge #54, in which Thing 1 is  titled "It's Hip to be Square" and Thing 2 is to use an old stamp set.  I've followed this blog for some time but never entered it before.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your card with us as Double Trouble, Jo Ann. So sorry to hear about your friend's loss. Like you use of just black and white on your card. -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you made your squares with the corner stamp and added the little gems, very nice sympathy card. Thank you for joining the Double Trouble Challenge!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the squares along the side - this is a very clean and simple card, perfect for the situation. I’m glad you decided to play along at Double Trouble - hope you will join the challenge again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of your friend's loss. Very nice sympathy card and love the border of squares with the corner flourishes. I'm so glad you decided to join us for this challenge and hope that you will share more of your art with us in future fun challenges. Thanks for sharing your Retro Rubber project with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's loss and you made a beautiful card that surely will bring comfort in their time of need.
    Thank you for sharing at RETRO RUBBER.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your friend's loss. Sympathy cards are so hard, but yours is so soothing and elegant, I really like it, the use of the blue makes it feel very serene. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear of your friend's loss. Your card is lovely and your friend will appreciate your caring thoughts. Thank you for sharing with Double Trouble challenge #54.

    ReplyDelete