Thursday, May 24, 2018

Using new cutting dies

It never ceases to amaze me at the creativity of people who come up with ideas.  Take for instance whoever came up with the idea of how to make a simple machine and metal dies to cut images out for paper crafting.  I recently purchased a flower die that makes a really pretty cut out, and the die is deceivingin that you can't really tell what the image will look like when cut.
See what I mean?  If you look carefully, you can see the image, but I am amazed at what you get when you put it to paper!  I made several cards this week using this die, and each card looks totally different based on the paper or style I used.  Here's what I mean:
I cut this one out of white cardstock and backed it on black.  I think it is really stunning.  And the design of this die makes it easy to cut into four parts, which is what I did for the inside of the card:
My next effort was cutting it out of dark paper and backing it with a different colot... a totally different look.

Well, that turned out so well, I decided to make a multicolored flower but I cut the die with black card stock this time and I think the result is my over-all favorite of all I made with this die.  See if you agree.

and the inside of that card:
I made one other card but for some reason it won't download.  For it, I cut the die with double-sided sticky paper then sprinkled it with gold and silver glitter flakes.  I put it on a turquoise back and it it shiny and beautiful.

I have just received several other new dies that I purchased on sale, so I'm looking forward to doing some other interesting cards in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment