Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Befriend faithfulness


Psalm 37:3b … befriend faithfulness.

I do not know how I missed this phrase in the past!  It is so picturesque and eye-opening as to how I can “run after” God.  I am to befriend faithfulness … “to become friendly with,” “to act as a friend to,” faithfulness.  I do not see faithfulness of any kind displayed in the world around me very much these days, so it is not going to come naturally for the most part as a response to life in general, nor spiritually.  When I looked up the synonyms of “befriend” I saw many word pictures of my pursuit of faithfulness; for example:
*welcome: faithfulness is something I must want in order to have.

*get chummy with, take up with: faithfulness is something I have to decide to exemplify as a part of how I live.  It is my choice.

*encourage: with God’s help, I encourage faithfulness in my life.  I do what I can to develop it and keep it active.

*side with: this is another picture of the role I play in my faithfulness development.

I want to welcome faithfulness, take up with faithfulness, encourage faithfulness, and side with faithfulness… I want to befriend faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment