Monday, May 14, 2018

Confident prayer


Psalm 86  David’s Confident Prayer  

    His Request                                               His Reason for Confidence
Incline Your ear and answer            v.1            I am poor and needy
Preserve my life                               v.2            I am godly
Save me                                            v.2            I trust in You
Be gracious to me                             v.3            I cry to You
Answer my prayer                            v.6            I call on You
Teach me Your way                         v.11           I want to walk right
I give thanks to You                         v.12-13     Your love is great, and,
                                                                           You have delivered me

David prayed confidently expecting answers because he knew why he could ask God for these requests, proven by the reasons he included in his prayer.  In fact, at the end of the prayer, in v.17, he says he knows that those who hate him and wish him ill will see God’s answers and be put to shame.  He did not yet know how that would happen but he was confident that it would.  I want to pray as confidently as he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment