Thursday, May 10, 2018

Give thanks to the Lord


(I wrote this several days ago and never posted it.)

I Chronicles 16:8-12 Oh give thanks to the Lord …

Top Ten Ways to Give Thanks to the Lord:
1. CALL upon His name (v8)
2. MAKE KNOWN His deeds (v8)
3. SING praises to Him (v9)
4. TELL of all His wondrous works (v9)
5. GLORY in His holy name (v10)
6. REJOICE in your heart (v10)
7. SEEK the Lord (v11)
8. SEEK the Lord’s strength (v11)
9. SEEK the Lord’s presence (v.11)
10. REMEMBER His wondrous works, His miracles, and His judgments (v12)

I must admit that I had never thought of some of these acts on my part as actually giving thanks to the Lord as my act of worship, but here they are!  Even when I call on Him I am showing my appreciation for who He is and what He can do.  When I look to Him for help or strength, it is an act of thankfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment