Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Shut in



Genesis 7:16b And the Lord shut him in.

Noah did not (probably) totally understand what God was about to do.  He had never experienced a flood of any kind, especially one like what was about to happen.  However, Noah had a strong relationship with God.  He walked with God (6:9), he found favor in the eyes of the Lord (6:8), and he obeyed everything God told him to do (7:3).  Because of this total communication and obedience, God took care of him.  He may not have understood the importance of closing the door in preparation for the flood even so God shut him in.  In that phrase I find great courage and comfort because it reminds me that even in my unfamiliar life events that I could not totally prepare for ahead of time, God will shut me in.  I will be safe.  I will be secure.  I won’t have to know or understand everything in order to be kept in safety by God because I am walking with Him and obeying Him just as Noah did.

No comments:

Post a Comment