Saturday, January 20, 2018

Belated birthday

I have had a pad of 8 x 8 Graphic 45 paper for quite some time and because I really liked the colors and designs on the paper I have never figured out what exactly I wanted to do with it, but when I needed to make a kind-of fancy birthday card this week, I finally made myself pull it out and I am so glad I did.  I love the result!  May have to make a couple more cards from this pad like this one.

This is a 6 x 6 fancy gate fold card (when it is closed) and it doesn't want to stay closed on its own so it has a belly band to hold it closed, and I think the belly band gives it an extra measure of "fanciness."  Not to speak of the extra burst of color it added to the card.
When you slip the band off ...
And the inside...
Can you see the pocket in the middle section?  It has two tags with short messages on them and a surprise message behind them ...
One tag says "God bless you" and the other is a Bible verse, "His mercy is new every morning." 
I hope the fun of this card and its bright colors will ease the pain of receiving a belated birthday greeting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment