Wednesday, January 17, 2018

All mine



Genesis 17:4 … my covenant is with you…

Here, God is reminding Abraham that He (God Himself) had made a promise to him (Abraham) and to only him.  God did not make this promise to anyone else living on the earth at the time.  As I thought about the emphasis in that promise, I was reminded of the fact that the covenant was made exclusively with Abraham and his descendants.  In the New Testament, through Christ, even Gentiles such as I am have been made a descendant of Abraham through my/our spiritual birth.  I thought immediately of a song we used to sing:
            Every promise in the Book is mine;
            Every chapter, every verse, every line;
            All the blessings of His love divine;
            Every promise in the Book is mine.
The promises of fruitfulness are mine.  The promises of blessing are mine.  The promises of “everlasting-ness” are mine.  All mine…

No comments:

Post a Comment