Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Rainbows



Genesis 9:17 God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant that I have established between me and all flesh that is on the earth.”

I was thinking about the rainbow that God created as a perpetual sign to mankind (and all the animals!) of His promise.  As I thought about the beauty of that rainbow that enamors us every time a rainbow appears, I started thinking about how each color in the rainbow carries some special significance to me concerning me relationship with God:
Red reminds me of LOVE … God’s love for me that has no limitation;
Orange reminds me of JOY … God promises everlasting joy to me as I follow Him now and in eternity;
Yellow reminds me of GOD HIMSELF … the center of the colors and the source and center of all life;
Green reminds me of GROWTH … my spiritual growth promised to me if I continue to follow and obey God;
Blue reminds me of PEACE … the peace that passes all understanding;
Purple reminds me of ROYALTY … God is King of Kings and I am part of the “royal priesthood” of believers.
I think that from now on when I see a rainbow it is going to have an even stronger effect on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment