Friday, January 12, 2018

How to understand



Job 32:8-9 But it is the spirit in man, the breath of the Almighty, that makes him understand.  It is not the old who are wise, nor the aged who understand what is right.

The older I grow, the more I am understanding the truth of these verses from Job.  Although there are definitely ways in which age and life experience produce a certain wisdom in us, at the same time I see how this is not necessarily true in spiritual things.  For a person who has, and is, seeking after God, age can be a factor.  However, I have talked with a lot of people who have lived a long time but have not spent much time in pursuit of God and it is evident in the way they live, the way they talk about God, and in the lack of spiritual knowledge and of the Word of God.  My continuing prayer is that I will grow old as a wise woman, one who understands what is right.  To do so, I must continue to allow that “breath of the Almighty” to enlighten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment