Monday, March 12, 2018

I've only just begun



Deuteronomy 3:24 O Lord God, you have only begun to show your servant your greatness and your mighty hand.

These are the words of Moses as he neared the end of his long, productive, eventful, leadership-filled life.  He had seen almost unbelievable miracles from his birth up until now.  He had had an extraordinary relationship with the people around him (think of everyone from Aaron his brother up to Pharaoh in Egypt) and most especially with God Himself (Think of the burning bush, the Red Sea and Mount Sinai).  He had seen and experienced more of God and divine activity than any of us have.  Yet now at the end of his life, he expresses some of the vastness of God’s greatness in there words: “You have only begun to show your greatness…”  It makes me pause for thought.  I have seen some of God’s greatness and mighty hand in my own life experience but, like Moses, I realize I have only seen a tiny morsel of all there is of God.  Heaven will be an eternity of learning the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment