Thursday, March 15, 2018

Handmade paper on a handmade card

I cannot remember just how long I have held onto this sheet of handmade paper that I bought many years ago because I was so taken in by the gorgeous gold embossing with the little navy blue flowers.  I hated to see it go, but of course, that makes no sense, really!  After all, I bought it to use it, so in my effort to clear out my stash of paper, I decided to make a really stunning birthday card for someone with it, and I am glad I did.  I really liked using plain gold metallic paper along with dark blue to enhance the original paper.  I am mailing it out today to a dear shut-in from our Sunday school class and I hope it will help make her birthday in a new assisted living place a little brighter.  I think it will.


No comments:

Post a Comment