Friday, April 24, 2020

My birth certificate


Psalm 87:6 The Lord records as he registers the people, “This one was born there.”

When I read this verse I immediately thought of my birth certificate.  When I was born, the certificate was filled out and signed by the doctor, recording the time and place I was born.  It has been my proof of citizenship for my entire life, even though I cannot personally remember the event.  

So it is with my relationship to God.  At the time of my salvation, the Lord recorded my “birth” and now He can look back, so to speak, and be reminded that on that specific date, at that specific time and in that specific location I gave my life to Him and was born again.  It is recorded and even though I cannot tell you the specifics, He knows, and that is what is important. 

I have my “birth certificate” and it is my proof that I am His child.

No comments:

Post a Comment