Thursday, April 30, 2020

Encouragement during COVID-19

I cannot believe how many cards I have made and mailed during these weeks of "safe at home!"  It has been a great way and time to use up lots of supplies and bring some cheer to others at the same time.  I have made about 60 cards so far and enjoyed every one of them.  Each morning I have made a short list of people to whom I will send a card, then in the early afternoon, after my household chores are done, I go into the craft room and make cards specifically for those on the list.  I have made it a point to think about the person who will be getting the card and pray for them as I put the card together.

That is what I did on these two round cards I made yesterday. 

This first card is for a 101-year-old friend.
I used a flower stamp I have had since about 2010.  I heat embossed it with gold embossing powder, then colored the petals and leaves with watercolor pencils.  I wasn't sure how the colors would work because the card base is that dark brown, but low and behold, the colors show up and look really pretty, I think!  I die cut the hello sentiment from pale gold card stock and added some embossed gold on the edges.  I wanted it to look a little bit rustic so I left some of the excess such as you can see just to the right of the sentiment. 

I am going to submit this to the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog since the current challenge is "Anything Goes."

The second card was another brown circular card, but this time I covered it with paper and it completely changed the looks of the card.  See what I mean?
This little girl playing in the rain is so cute!  I had some tear drops I'd been waiting to use for "just the right situation" and this was definitely the time!  I propped her up on foam tape and she is so cute there on the front of that card!  I hope my friend who will get this card will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it for her.


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! The colours do show up well on the dark cardstock. The circular shape is really cute. Thanks for joining in with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, love the round shape. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete