Sunday, September 18, 2022

More Leaf Paper Cards

 Well, I have used all but a small piece of the leaf paper I started using earlier, and I am pleased to have come up with so many ways to use that paper, and I like all of them!

The first one is based on the current challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches.  This is the sketch I used:

 

Here is my interpretation, using the leaf paper as the background:


 I double stamped and embossed the sentiment, first with white pearl embossing powder then offset slightly and embossed with plain white.  I wanted a shadow effect, but not too much.  That's why, in the photo, it looks like it is blurred, but in "real life" it is quite striking.

I am going to submit this to the challenge.

I also made two other cards using the same leaf paper in the background.



I wanted to try some more non-traditional color combinations.  I am always afraid to try that even though I enjoy seeing what others do in that area.  I don't have a lot of color confidence, but I was pleased with my little girl card and the pinks and fushia I used.


3 comments:

  1. What a cool way to emboss the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great set of cards! Love the way you've embossed the sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the leaf paper! Pretty set of cards! Glad you shared one at FMS!

    ReplyDelete