Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Leaf sympathy card

 I have a bad habit of keeping papers I purchased to use in scrapbooking and/or card making and not actually using them.  Sometimes it is because I like the paper so much I want just the "right" way to use it.  That is what has happened this week.

I have a page of leaf-covered paper that I really like but never seemed to find just the right time to use it but when I saw the current challenge at the Alphabet Challenge Blog this week, I decided I needed to get out that paper I've had for several years, and put it to use. The challenge is "L is for Leaves."

Then I took a look at the current challenge #709 over on Sketch Saturday and saw the perfect opportunity to use it, given what I was thinking of doing for the leaf challenge.  Here is the sketch I used:

 

Here is the card I made that I am planning to enter into both challenges this week.

As you can see, I have used my leaf paper for the background.  The leaves on the paper are a nice mixture of green, blue and turquoise colors with a brown every now and then. I really like the little leaf die so I cut two from green metallic card stock and one from a dark turquoise paper.  It's interesting to me (the non-photographer that I am) that the green metallic paper I used for both of the small rectangles showed up so differently in this photograph when I put the turquoise leaves on one and a matching green metallic leaf set on the one on the upper right, but in any case, I was pleased with the final outcome.

I made this into a sympathy card for a dear friend.

I still a a piece of the leaf paper, so I have more challenge ahead to actually use it up!  This project gives me courage to keep working on it.
 

2 comments:

  1. What great colours and elements you have put together. I agree and am the same with patterned papers - waiting for just the 'right' time to use them - so they sit unused for ages. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful paper Jo Ann - you're not the only one who hangs on to papers that are too nice to use! Thanks for putting it to such good use for our leaves theme at the Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete