Saturday, September 10, 2022

Masculine birthday card

 I usually have a hard time coming up with ideas for masculine birthday cards so when I saw the sketch at the Freshly Made Sketches this week, I immediately saw how good a sketch it would be for using a masculine theme.

This is the sketch they have for the current challenge:

 

With all the right angles and the general layout, I thought this looked very masculine!  Here is the card I made based on that sketch.


 Blue and brown were the main colors, as you can see.  I used a piece of tan embossed card stock for the background.  The multicolored top rectangle is white card stock that I inked using a stencil I got recently in a kit from Pink & Main.  I wanted to add a little bit of colors besides the hues of blue and I think that helps with the card's appeal.

Long story short, I am entering this card into the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.

1 comment:

  1. I have a terrible time with masculine cards as well and should probably use my own sketch to whip some up! Love the different papers on your card! The neutral colours are perfect for a masculine card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete