Friday, September 23, 2022

Celebration

 I made this card for a friend who was just declared cancer-free by her doctor.  I and all her friends have been praying for her for three years, so this was a celebration for us as well as for her. 

The sentiment I used is from a stamp set I purchased in 2016 and I thought it suited the circumstances perfectly. 

This card follows the sketch for the current challenge over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog, so I think I will enter that challenge.  Not only did I use an old stamp for the front of the card, I was able to use a piece of pretty roses paper that I've had for a while and I added the scallop cover die in the background that I have had for several years as well, so I am pretty pleased with the final card design.

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely, I love that scalloped embossing folder in the background. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Jo Ann - and what a happy occasion for this card! She'll love these sweet flowers! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful floral creation Jo Ann, I like the embossed background, each floral square looks like a little painting, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo Ann - this is so beautiful! That paper is gorgeous and is coupled perfectly with that scallop emboss! The sentiment fits the card perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete