Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Happy, Happy, Happy

I really like the newest stamp and die set that I ordered online not long ago.  It is called Happy Days from CZ Design although I purchased it through my current favorite supplier, Simon Says Stamp.  I tried an idea I found on a blog using this stamp set and am very pleased with the results.  I needed to make a couple of birthday cards and this set was perfect. 

See what I mean?  I hunted down shades of card stock that I had that would work together.  I had only four shades of the right kinds of purple so there are only the four steps of "happy" on that card, but I had five shades of yellow and orange so it has one extra panel.  All I had to do was emboss the word in white and cut the panels so the words would follow the right alignment, then glue them onto another piece of card stock, which I then popped up on the card front with foam tape.  The little "birthday" is also embossed in white and attached with foam tape.  A couple of sequins and a stripe of metallic edging later and the card was done.  Simple, but I think quite effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment