Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Teacher encouragement

 This year is an exceptionally challenging year for teachers, with all the changes in school with COVID-19.  I cannot imagine how challenging it could be, even for seasoned teachers, having to change how they teach, sometimes drastically.

When Russ and I began counting up the family members and close friends we have in the field of education, either as administrators or as teachers, we were surprised to count seven in our immediate family!  We have been praying for them, and yesterday I decided we needed to send each one a card with an encouraging note in it.  Some of them have already started school, some start this coming week, and some another week later, so now is the time.

I have a new stamp set called "Home Sweet Home" from Simon Says Stamp

I have really enjoyed using it and I thought the sentiments on it were appropriate for what I wanted to say on the cards.  I made different cards for each person/family but put the same "Praying for you" sentiment on the inside with lots of space to write personal notes to each one.




 Here is a close-up of each one.  You will notice some shiny spots.  That is where I put some pale glistening ink just for a little sparkle.  It shines a lot in the photo because of the reflection, but in real life it is less noticeable in that it doesn't glare as it does in the photos.  So much for my photography skills!!  Anyway, here they are...






No comments:

Post a Comment