Sunday, July 26, 2020

Enduring hope


I Peter 3:8-17

What is it that keeps our HOPE alive through troubled times, or times of suffering and gets us through them? This passage from First Peter lists characteristics God looks for and wants to develop in us as His children: 1) be like-minded, i.e., unified; 2) be sympathetic; 3) be loving; 4) be compassionate; 5) be humble; 6) be forgiving.

This isn't all I found.  Here is the rest of my list.  
   7.   be a blessing (v.9)
   8.   be godly in how you speak (v.10)
   9.   be Christ-like in your actions (v.11)
   10. be peace-loving and peace-creating (v.11)
   11. be fearless (v.14)
   12. be holy (v.15)
   13. be ready to be a good witness to others (v.15)
   14. be gentle (v.16)
   15. be respectful (v.16)

That is quite a list, isn’t it?  I know I have not conquered this list yet.  God still has a lot to do in me to develop my HOPE but my goal is to allow God to help me continue to develop these characteristics in my life.  By doing so, God is preparing me to endure whatever comes even if that means suffering in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment