Monday, July 6, 2020

Anyone for sailing?

I am not a sailor, but as I thought about how to use the pad of sailing-related papers that was given to me a few months ago, a mini album is what came to mind, so a couple of weeks ago I got it out and started working on an album.  Being still isolated at home, I could not go shopping to see what I could find for embellishments, so I just used what I could to add interest and dimension.  I am pleased with the results, as I continue to learn the techniques necessary for good results in a book.  Here area couple of views of the cover:


I cut out a sailing ship and added it with foam tape .  I also added black ink to the body of each ship for some colot, and put clear glitter glue on the one above, although the glitter turned gold when I put it on the blue paper!  Go figure!  I also put pearl on the two wheels.  Some red and white ribbon and navy and white twine added a bit of color to the cover.


There is a waterfall album on the inside of the front cover that has 5 pages, so it could hold up to 9 or 10 photos.  It is held closed with a magnetic tab.  Then page 1 has a little 4-page booklet.

The rest of the pages are pretty self-explanatory.  Some have pockets with mats for photos, others have what looks like a band of different paper across the page.  Those can have memorabilia that is thicker tucked under them.  The page with the seahorse has a square of other paper in the corner that is only glued down on two sides so a photo or a paper can be tucked under the "pocket."









I have enough paper left on the same pad to make another book, which I plan to do soon.  I don't have any plans for the books at this point, but I figure one day someone will go on a cruise, or go to the lake for a vacation, and will have pictures they take that will fit into this sailing theme.  When I can, I'll give it away, or sell it!

No comments:

Post a Comment