Friday, October 26, 2018

Meeting the angels


Luke 12:8 And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God.

This verse has always been a bit “blurry” in my mind and understanding.  I have never been able to get a clear mental picture of just what Jesus meant even though I understood that He is talking about my commitment to follow Him in my present earthly life as a precursor to my eternal life in heaven.  However, as I read this verse today, a new mental picture popped into my head that brought a sense of excitement to me.  I pictured myself entering the gates of heaven and Jesus meeting me there, then turning to the host of greeting angels behind Him and saying to them, “This is Jo Ann.  We met when she was six years old and she has been following me ever since then.”  Then all the greeters crowd around me and shake my hand, saying, “We are so happy to have you here,” or, “We’ve been waiting to meet you and show you around.”  The whole imaginary picture gives me a sense of what Jesus will do as He acknowledges me in front of the angels of heaven.  It enhances my commitment to remain faithful now!

No comments:

Post a Comment