Thursday, June 27, 2019

You are a blessing

Today I made a card for a friend using a really old wooden block stamp from Hampton Art that I've had for ages (since 2012!) as the focal point for my card. 

I stamped it on black card stock and heat embossed it using pearl embossing powder.  I wanted to image to 1) stand out and 2) match the pretty background paper I'd chosen.  The paper started out with purple and pink at the bottom fading into a light yellow at the top.  (Makes me think of a sunset!)

After embossing the image, I cut it out using deckle scissors to add some interest to the image, and added fushia dazzle stickers to the centers of the flowers.

I like the simplicity of the card, but I think it is quite striking by have such a contrast between the pink/purple of the background and the black on the image.
I am going to submit it to the Retro Rubber Challenge blog for their "anything goes" challenge this week.

3 comments:

  1. I like the contrast between your rainbow background and the strong black and white centre panel. The bright jewel brings them together. The contrast of horizontal lines and natural curves is another point of interest. Lovely! Thanks for joining in with us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jan, I love the contrast between the black and white panel and the bold rainbow backdrop. The deckle scissors were a great idea and really makes the black panel stand-out from the background. Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! The contrast does make this a very striking card! hanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete