Wednesday, June 5, 2019

5 from 2

I had a 12 in. x 12 in. piece of flower paper that had big beautiful peachy-orange roses on a white background, and a sheet of orange gingham that seemed to match very well, so I decided to challenge myself and see how many cards I could get out of the paper.  This is the result:



 I was interested to see how different the flowers and gingham looked when using three different shades of green paper as an enhancement. All three matched bits of the leaves, but created a really different look each time.

For these I used a pale green as the solid green base:

And for these two I used a darker green that had more blue in it:

And for the last one I used yet a different green color as the base and it looks completely different.
I still had a small piece of the flowered paper and one of the gingham but I decided that five was enough for one day!

I like trying new little challenges on myself that help me stretch my creativity but I still am weak in courage to try more unusual color combinations, but who knows what I may try next!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment