Thursday, April 11, 2019

Pineapple in many forms

I had a sheet of 12 x 12 in. scrapbook paper covered with pineapples, so I decided to see how many different cards I could make using that one sheet of paper.  Not only how many cards, but how different ...  And that is a real challenge for me, but seeing as I am trying to stretch myself creatively in my card-making, I knew this would be hard for me.  It was hard BUT oh, so satisfying!  I still have enough paper left to make one or two more cards, but seeing as at least one of the cards have an immediate use, I needed to document this even though I have not quite completed the final step!

Here are a couple views of the cards:



And a more close-up look at each one.  I'll start with my least favorite one, the Easter card:
I wanted to do something with some brown instead of yellow or green, but I think maybe a darker brown would have done better at bringing out the yellow pineapples in the background.  I went by a card I saw in a magazine that used light brown on top of a light yellow, but it did not turn out as I had wished.  At the same time, it does not look bad, just not quite what I had pictured in my mind.  I popped the die cut up off the front of the card to create some extra dimension.

This little girl with her yellow coat is a cute accent to the pineapple background, I think.  I also covered her shoes with Glossy Accents to make them look like patent leather shoes, which I think fit her outfit beautifully!

The card I made first was the original reason for starting this project.  I wanted to send a card to a new pastor on our staff at church, so I wanted to make a welcome card.  Pineapples seemed very appropriate for the occasion, and I was very pleased with how it turned out.
I covered the card with dark green card stock and layered some light green on top of that.  I put the pineapple paper on more dark green and cut out the word "welcome" with my Slice cutting machine in dark green and added some yellow glitter to it, then popped that layer up with dimensional tape.  I think it is appropriately not too feminine looking for the new male pastor.

For the last card  I used a bright yellow card base:
After putting together the set of squares of patterned paper with the "hello" I realized that the bright yellow was a bit too much, so before I attached the squares, I inked the houndstooth design with a stencil and some yellow ink.  It looks almost brown, but it is indeed yellow.  That make a huge difference in how the card looks.  I also inked the edges of the card with the same yellow ink to soften those edges a bit.  All in all, I was pleased with the outcome.

I guess I could call this set of cards my own personal "one sheet wonder" exercise!  I am pretty proud of myself at this stage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment