Saturday, April 27, 2019

Hello roses

I've been working hard at trying to find good uses for some paper and stamps I've had on hand for quite a while and I was very pleased with the outcome of what I tried yesterday afternoon.
I had a pink card base and when I was looking through a pad of flowered paper I had, I thought this rose-covered paper would be really pretty.  The black background really pops the roses off the paper.  When I added a backing of green and of creamy yellow I thought it made the roses look really pretty.  I have a set of label stamps and matching dies that I bought way back in 2015 and the small label was just right for the front so I embossed it on green cardstock and added a tiny silver "hello" sticker to the center.

For the inside of the card I used another stamp I have had since 2015.
I liked this card so much I think I am going to try some other variations with other sheets of the flowered paper pad.

Since I have used some old stamps I think I'll enter this in the Retro Rubber Stamp "anything goes" challenge for this week.

I even know just who I am going to send this card to!

2 comments:

  1. JoAnn.... what absolutely gorgeous paper! Your card really highlights the roses and the design is perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colour choices have brought out the prettiness of the paper even more. I like the way you've carried the paper to the inside and let it help highlight the sentiment. Lovely label stamp, JoAnn. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete