Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Be strong and work



Haggai 2:4b-5 “Be strong, all you people of the land,” declares the Lord, “and work.  For I am with you,” declares the Lord Almighty.  “This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt.  And my spirit remains among you.  Do not fear.”

This is yet another reminder from the Lord to His people that He plans to keep His promises to them.  It does not mean that everything will be easy.  He says to be strong and to work.  This implies the existence of potential weakness and potential laziness.  But His promise is that if they will “bite the bullet” and do what has to be done, they will have two results: 1) God’s presence for courage and strength, and 2) good and successful end results.  Just in case there is fear in facing the challenges, God also reminds them of His continuing presence and that they need not be afraid.  This is a great reminder to me that I can do whatever God directs me into if I will be strong and courageous and diligent to do the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment