Sunday, February 2, 2020

Green and yellow

I really enjoy following the Retro Rubber Challenge blog even though I have not joined in as much as I would like to in the future.  This week they have an really fun challenge in the form of a tic tac toe board.


RRCB 127It captured my attention and I decided that this was the week to get back into the swing of things and enter their challenge!   I chose to use the first column, green, 4 x 4 card, sympathy.  Here is what I made:
I had some marbelized paper with the green swirls that I thought would look nice as the background then added some small butterfly black and silver stickers backed with yellow card stock to add just a touch of another color.  I like the looks of the card ...  somber but not so much so as to be depressing for the recipient.  The stamps I used are from a set I got back in 2012 or 13 and I had never actually used the wreath stamp before for some reason!

3 comments:

  1. The marbled paper looks really great! As you say, sombre but not depressing. The butterflies add a touch of hope too. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, thank you for the comment! I realized after the fact that I had forgotten to include the age of the stamps I used and I have edited my blog to include that.

      Delete
  2. I love that marbled background, it's a nice touch for a sympathy card. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete