Monday, February 3, 2020

Fun with windows

I really like my newest set of stamps and die cut from Simon Says.  I can make three little windows in any card with the die, and the stamp set has three different surround-stamps, one with balloons, one with hearts, and one with flowers.  And I am learning to color and shade with my new alcohol ink markers, which I have thought about using for a long time but never had the courage to try and was nervous about spending the money on the markers because of my lack of courage.  When I found a set on sale a Tuesday Morning last week, I decided to take the plunge, and I am so glad I did! 
I've been practicing my coloring, and the results are on this card I made yesterday:
Yep, I actually painted the flowers and leaves on this card!  I know it is a first-timer's effort, but I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

The middle window is covered up by the extra leaves and sprigs and the two word additions, but the other two windows show the happy birthday stamp included in the set.  All in all, I won't be ashamed to send this to someone for their birthday.

This second card does not have any of my coloring on it, but I like the February-look of the card with the windows.  These windows have shaker hearts in them... the kit of stamps included the plastic window with which I can add sequins or something like the little hearts on this card.  Cute!
P.S. The cute papers all came with the stamp and die set, as did the little hearts for the shaker card.

No comments:

Post a Comment