Monday, August 27, 2018

Trees and gears

I have a set of stamps that are very masculine-looking, with gears and trucks, trees and leaves, but I don't have a lot of occasions when I can use them even though I really like the look I get.  However, I found just the use for them when making a card this morning for a friend.  I used the current challenge sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  This is the sketch:

and here is my take on it:
I used copper embossing powder for the tree and one set of leaves and the word is die cut from turquoise holographic paper from Paper Wishes.  They sell it as blue fireworks paper but it looks very close to turquoise and I thought it looked really good with the copper colors.

On the inside I used the birthday greeting from the same stamp set to carry through on the gears theme:
I hope our friend enjoys his birthday card!


2 comments:

  1. What a great masculine card! I love the copper with the turquoise. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how wonderful! The copper and these elements are fantastic for a masculine card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete