Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Salvation and restoration


Jeremiah 30-31 “I will…”

As I read through these chapters this morning, I was struck by the multiple ways God describes His loving restoration of His people.  Making a list of those ways is a blessing as I am reminded of God’s love and willingness to restore me when I wander away from Him, and of the bountiful blessings I have in Christ as a result of my salvation.  I could not make a “Top Ten” list today … there are more than ten blessings in spiritual restoration!  Look at this list!

            1. I will restore their fortunes
            2. I will bring them back
            3. I will break the yoke off your neck
            4. I will save you from far away
            5. You will have quiet and ease
            6. None shall make you afraid
            7. I will restore health to you
            8. You will be radiant over the goodness of the Lord
            9. I will comfort them
            10. My people will be satisfied with my goodness
            11. I will satisfy the weary soul
            12. I will forgive their iniquity
            13. I will remember their sin no more

No comments:

Post a Comment