Saturday, June 30, 2018

Butterfly card

I made a birthday card today using some beautiful papers I got in a set recently.  The background is a gorgeous blue with a hint of purple and has gold metallic additions.  I really liked the papers so I used it as the basis of my card, and used the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches as the pattern for what I did.  I kept the wings of the butterflies free so they have a 3-D effect and I love the way it turned out.

This is the FMS pattern I used:


And this is the card I made:
The butterflies are both die cut with metallic paper.  The inside of the card is plain... just the words "Happy Birthday"die cut from the same metallic paper as the butterflies on the front.

2 comments:

  1. This blue is wonderful with the silver. What a pretty card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely! I love the combination of blue and silver - such a striking combo. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete