Thursday, June 7, 2018

Be still

I keep working on my skills for making masculine cards because that seems to be one of my biggest challenges, so when I wanted to make a card for a friend of ours (a man) who is discouraged, I thought of the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches as a perfect setting for the card I wanted to make.  The challenge looks like this:


 
This is the card I made for our friend:
I used brown ripple holographic paper from Paper Wishes as the background on the striped paper and for the shield.  I chose a shield because it reminded me of strength from God as we wait for Him to help us in our difficulties, so it went with the Bible verse on the front.  Then I carried that theme into the inside:
The Bible tells us to be still and watch God meet our need, and it also says to be strong, so I felt like this design was perfect for the message I wanted to convey to our discouraged friend.

1 comment:

  1. I love the thought you put into this card! These are great verses for encouragement. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete