Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Wholehearted and prosperous



II Chronicles 31:21 In everything that he undertook in the service of God’s temple and in obedience to the law and the commands, he sought his God and worked wholeheartedly.  And so he prospered.

This verse is talking about Hezekiah, who was one of the “good” kings of Israel, and I really like his description here.  It makes me wish I had known him because he seems like a man who was not only diligent and faithful in his service as a king, but he did so with diligence and faithfulness to God.  And that diligence and faithfulness in both the physical and spiritual areas paid off.  He prospered.  His prosperity did not mean however that everything went smoothly.  He still faced challenges, as seen in the events that occurred in the very next chapter when the enemies threatened war.  We know from that that prosperity does not necessarily mean smooth sailing.  I still want Hezekiah’s prosperity in my own life.  I’ll take whatever challenges God allows in my life if I can seek God, work wholeheartedly and be prosperous as Hezekiah was.

No comments:

Post a Comment