Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Quilted squares

I have had some Dazzle stickers called quilted squares in my stash that I decided to do something with yesterday afternoon.  They are gold filigree designs of two sizes, one about 4 inches square and the others are about 2 inches squared.

On this first card, a "best wishes" card for a widow friend who just became engaged to a widower friend.  I used a large square and placed a small one in the middle, popped up.


Adding some fancy gold edging on the top and the bottom completed the look and I think it turned out very nicely!

I also made two cards that have a similar design but look very different because of the papers and colors I used.  One is a thank you card and the other a birthday card. 

I have another view of the thank you card that I need to include for a totally different reason.  Take a look ...
I took this angle photo to show how I raised the middle square up but in the process I got a snap of my "Christmas cactus."  I say "Christmas" in quotes because this late bloomer just popped out in blossoms this week, a mere seven weeks late!

I have enough quilt square stickers left to make one or two more card and I think I'll try other color combinations just to see how different it can look.


No comments:

Post a Comment