Tuesday, January 8, 2019

In spite of my imperfections


Genesis 26:28 We see plainly that the Lord has been with you.

Isaac had gone to live in the area ruled by King Abimelech (Gerar) because of a famine in his area.  Not only had he gone there as someone in need, he had also lied to the king about Rebekah his wife, so he had not started out with a very good record of himself.  But God had blessed him with good crops and he had become a rich but peace-loving settler in that land, as can be seen by his experiences with the native inhabitants (Genesis 26:17-22).  When he let and went back home after the famine, Abimelech and his countrymen recognized God’s blessing on Isaac.  Even with the upheaval during Isaac’s time in Gerar, and Isaac’s lapse in lying to King Abimelech, it was still plainly visible to everyone that God’s blessing was on Isaac.  This is a good reminder to me that even in my imperfections God can still 1) bless me, and 2) make my life a testimony to others of His grace.  They can still plainly see God in my life.  I don’t have to be perfect for that to happen.  What a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment