Monday, September 16, 2019

Grateful for you





 
 I've been thinking and planning for the month of October, which is Pastor Appreciation Month, for many church-goers.  Each year I have tried to create a card to send to each of the pastoral staff of our church to remind them of our appreciation for their faithful and diligent ministry to their congregation, and more specifically to Russ and myself.  As I began thinking about what I wanted to do, I had decided that this year I wanted to challenge myself to make the front of the cards a totally stamped-by-me background, which I have only done one other time.

In the meantime, I found that two of the challenge blogs that I have really enjoyed following are sponsoring fall-themed challenges that fit in perfectly with the ideas I had for the appreciation cards.  One of the blogs is new to me but I have really enjoyed seeing all the cards on that blog ... Creative with Stamps.  This month the challenge to to make an autumn-themed card.

RRCB 119

The other blog has been one of my "mostest favoritest" challenge blogs, Retro Rubber Challenge.  I have participated in this challenge in the past and always enjoy seeing how people use the older stamps in their stash since I have lots of those as well!  Their current challenge (#119) is to use the fall colors of red, brown and orange, and that was exactly what I was planning to use!

So... I have made this card as my "test card" to use in October to send to our pastoral staff members (each one will get his/her own card):
The card base is an olive-ish green to which I added a piece of orange card stock.  I stamped the background on plain white card stock using leaves from two different stamp sets, both of which I have had since 2012 (can it really have been so long??? Yep, it has!).  I stamped the leaves with chocolate chip brown, pale red, orange(the pad looked darker orange that it stamped out), and a green that was a pear green according to the name on the old pad!

I embossed the word "grateful" with copper embossing powder and stamped the "for you" with the chocolate chip brown.  The words are from a stamp set I bought on sale in 2017 and have never used.  I thought the words were perfect for the occasion.

On the inside of the card

I used a new stamp set for the words and repeated the old leaf stamp from the front of the card, stamping it twice with the pale red ink  so I could get a shadowy effect on the one leaf.

Anyway, all that to say I like the results and as of now, all 14 of our church ministerial staff will get a version of this card, and if I have the pleasure of having some good "vibes" from the challenge blogs DTs in the process, all the better!  But they have certainly been my inspiration for this year's Pastor Appreciation Month card, so THANK YOU Creative With Stamps challenge and Retro Rubber challenge!!

 

3 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love your background and your scriptures sentiment. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background, so pretty, the mix of the colours works so well with the stamps. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card for such a special group of people! We do need to honor them, don't we?! Lovely leaves and sentiments! Thanks for playing with our fall color Retro Rubber challenge!

    ReplyDelete