Saturday, August 24, 2019

For the grandkinds

This year Russ and I decided to write letters to each of our grandchildren at the beginning of the school year.  We are writing separately but are sending them in one card to each child.  I decided to make a card for each set of letters, one card for each grand.  I only decorated the front of the cards because the two letters will be inside.

This first card is for Joy, who loves music:
The words and the music are from a die cut set and I think it is perfect for the occasion.  Her favorite colors (last time I checked) are pink and turquoise.  But you know how quickly those things change for a young teenager!

The card for Lucas is more generic but I think he'll get a charge out of the "Hay there" greeting.  The figures and words are from a new stamp and die set I recently purchased.  I love the little farm animals!
I set the animals on foam tape...
And lastly, I made this card for Levi, who is our family punster.  He comes up with the funniest puns and "homemade" jokes!  I think you will see right away why I thought this was the perfect card for him.
I made this as a shaker card.  The stuff in the shaker is a set of sequins and tiny little pieces of fruit, including slices of watermelon!  Here is a closer look at the shaker:







No comments:

Post a Comment