Friday, April 5, 2019

Yellow and gold Easter

I have been working on making some Easter cards using an old Stampin' Up Easter stamp set that dates all the way back to 2005, but I really like the sentiment in that set, and the bouquet of flowers that goes with it.  I found the challenge on the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog to be right up my alley this week, so to speak, so I am entering it into their Tic Tac Toe challenge.  I am using the row of yellow, heat embossing, and ribbon or twine.  And this is what I came up with:
I heat embossed the stems, leaves and flowers with gold embossing powder and lightly inked them with yellow and green, then I added a little bow of yellow and green and backed it on some sparkly gold cardstock.

The base card was a bright yellow and it seemed a little too much when I was finished, so I clear embossed a few blossoms to break it up.

3 comments:

  1. Jo Ann, this is lovely! I've never seen this retired set before - what a great set it is. Love your cheery yellow too. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love using your old stamp sets? This one came out before I started stamping but I bet it's beautiful just by looking at the sweet bouquet of tulips on your card, love the gold embossing and the sweet little bow holding them together.
    The RETRO RUBBER CHALLENGE is exactly what we need to play with all of our old and retired sets that we love so much.
    I'm so very happy you found us Jo Ann, I hope you continue to play along with us in the next challenges.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs.
    Maria Rodriguez.DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, I do remember this set and so happy that you "dusted" it off to make some Easter cards! So glad you shared this with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete