Monday, February 12, 2018

Skilled



Exodus 39:3c, 5a, 8a … skilled design … skillfully woven …. in skilled work …

One of the themes I have seen all through the book of Exodus in the story of the building of the tabernacle is the word “skill.”  Early on God commanded Moses to appoint men of skill for the work and He filled them with a spirit of skill (28:3).  This point is made again in chapter 31 when specific people are mentioned as particularly and specifically anointed with skill for the tasks involved.  Now here, as items are completed, even as detailed as items of clothing, the work is described as ”skilled.”  It all reminds me of two important points: 1) God deserves and expects my best, my most skilled work in any service or action I render in His name, and 2) any skill I have and use for Him and His glory has been given to me by Him.  He will bless it.

No comments:

Post a Comment