Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Woven embossed strips

I have done a very poor job of recording my cards lately... too much going on even though I've made a lot of cards.  I never seem to remember to take photos of them.  I think it is a combination of my never having been a big "take a picture" person (I've left that to Russ and he does a good job) and not thinking about the social media aspect of what I do (I am just old enough to have to have taught myself to think about that).  Anyway, I've been working with a new set of dies, stamps and embossing folders that I got from Paper Wishes and this card that I just made fits right in with the Freshly Made Sketches challenge for this week, so I am going to submit it that challenge.

The embossing folder makes a strip of five squares of designs, so I embossed two strips of gold, one of grey, one of pink, one of turquoise and one of purple and wove them together into a square-ish shape for the front of the card, then cut out the letters with the new die in that same package of materials.  I added the black flower to make it 1) a stark contrast to the other colors, and 2) less feminine-looking, so I might be able to use it for a man.  I kind-of like the way it turned out although it is definitely out of my comfort zone!

This is the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:
and here is my take on the sketch:

ADDENDUM:
I am soooo surprised and pleased to say that this card made me a Princess at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  Copy and paste our badge for your blog!  I never dreamed I could make a card nice enough to receive any recognition, but I am so pleased.  It gives me the mental energy to keep trying to improve my skills all that much more!!

4 comments:

  1. Cute way to send a message! Love the textured squares! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the way you used the sketch, Jo Ann! This woven design is just fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! I just love the texture and the different colours! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun take on the sketch! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete